Satisfying Mobile Shoppers
UNIQLO is the fourth largest private label retailer in the world, with annual net sales of approximately $12B. Spark DSG was contracted by UNIQLO in 2014 to architect, design, develop and deploy a new mobile ecommerce website to service customers in their largest market, Japan.
With the holiday season fast approaching at the time, Spark had a mere 3.5 month timeline to deliver a final product. Leveraging an agile process with high-fidelity prototyping and weekly reviews, the new mobile site and CMS platform was launched in October 2014.
- Project Management
- Wireframe Design
- Interaction Design
- Mobile Design
- High-Fidelity Prototyping
- CMS Integration
- Front-end Development
- Learn More →
The prior Japanese mobile website was underperforming with low conversion rates, high bounce rates and a lack of overall user engagement. Our goal was turn these poor metrics around and capitalize on the 2014 holiday season. In addition to a timeline crunch, UNIQLO specified a cutting edge development framework called Ionic, based on Angular JS to serve as the backbone for a Single Page Application experience.
What We Did
In collaboration with development partner Reactor One, Spark was able to meet these requirements, navigate extreme timezone differences and work through a complex corporate approval structure to deliver the project in time for the fourth quarter.
Working in an agile process, creative designs moved quickly into development in order to validate design decisions and refine requirements. The resulting experience featured a number of enhancements to support the needs and goals of Japanese consumers…
- Single Page Application Design leveraging dynamic transitions and animations to move the customer deeper into the site experience
- Updated visual design to re-affirm the brand’s leadership position in the market for fun, accessible and innovative clothing
- Enhanced catalog browse interface to promote the visual exploration of products
- Clear inventory and product availability status to help customers make an informed purchase decision
- Deployment and integration with ReactorOne CMS Platform
- Flexible UI component library giving the business the ability to test different content modules while maintaining brand consistency
Early analytic results showed a –12% decrease in bounce rate, +20% increase in page views and a +35% increase in session time.
Spark continues to work with UNIQLO in global markets as the retailer works to rollout mobile experiences in Taiwan and Europe.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/sparkdsg/public_html/wp-content/themes/SparkDSG/footer.php on line 74