Making Holiday Gift Management Easy
For the 2014 Holiday season, Toys “R” Us engaged Spark to complete a design refresh on their Wish List application for iOS and Android. This initiative was one of many aimed to improve the overall customer experience for Toys “R” Us shoppers. It was also an opportunity to provide customers with a tool that could be used anywhere – either in-store or at-home – in order to keep track of wish list purchases throughout the holiday season.
- Wireframe Design
- Interaction Design
- Native Application Design
- Learn More →
The 2014 Wish Application was the second iteration of an existing native mobile application that was created to support in-store wish events. The effort was focused on iterative improvements that would address key customer pain points within the application experience namely a disconnect between the app and online wish list details due to background syncing logic and the inability to track in-store purchases. In addition, the visual design was out-dated and no longer aligned to new brand standards and execution guidelines.
What We Did
The Spark team worked closely with the Toys “R” Us mobile team to translate project requirements into a fluid and usable native app experience. To begin, functional requirements were translated into a wireframe prototype so that workflows, content layout and functionality could be critically evaluated without the influence of visual design. Once approved, the Spark Design team used the wireframes as the foundation for the final creative work. Spark delivered fully annotated visual design comps with example animated interaction models for Toys “R” Us’s development vendor.
New features and enhancements included:
- Tour of application features & functionality
- Updated visual design
- Enhanced product scan functionality and flow allowing a single item to be distributed to multiple wishlists
- Updated layouts aligning to user management needs and gestural scroll behaviors
- Added the ability to generate and toggle display to a barcode view (per wishlist), which can be applied during in-store purchases
- Created a new and unique feedback system that displays sync status between the application and online wishlist
More Application Work
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/sparkdsg/public_html/wp-content/themes/SparkDSG/footer.php on line 74